Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kangaroo ducks

Yes. Lucy and Roscoe have the legs of a kangaroo. :)

Incident #1:
The first night I had them, I put them in my room while we went to a friend’s house. I came back and Roscoe was outside of the cage staring at Lucy. I hurriedly closed my door and recaptured R. Needless to say, we put chicken wire over the top of their cage until we get the bigger cage out of the attic.

IMG_5486

Incident #2:
The day after getting L&R, I was going to clean their cage, so I put them in the rainbow portable outdoor cage.. then Skittles and Snuggles (2 year old female pekins) hurried over to inspect the ducklings’ food. It scared poor R out of his mind and he immediately hopped out and starting running around the yard. I chased him and caught him again, but in the meantime L had hopped out. I caught both of them and placed them back in their normal cage. I’m gonna have to find another way to let them play in the yard. :P

IMG_5489

1 comment:

Allie said...

AWWW!!!! They are so cute! I can't wait to meet them!!!